Footprints leave impressions. No matter where you go you will make an impact. And we’re talking environmental impact here… The degree of an eco-impact depends on a lifestyle and choices. The environment is something that sustains us, provides us with food, clean water and fresh air. To contribute to keeping this all in order, we need to work on making our footprints as light as possible.
A few things we can do include:
1. Hand making yoga mat bags out of recycled or thrift store fabrics.
2. Buy clothing from companies with low impact policies, or look for second-hand, nearly-new sports clothes from stores that trade clothes, such as Buffalo Exchange, and also this one in Tucson, Arizona.
3. Use yoga mats made from natural materials, that are GMO free.
4. Recycle your yoga mat once it starts to lose its grip on its yoga-life.
5. Cycle, run or walk to your yoga class.